DD loves lentil, however I’d always noticed that she rejects carrots in any form. As we eat lots of carrots so decided to try and keep carrots out of our diet for a few weeks to see if it improved her eating and sleep.
Only issue with this it that all recipes I know or find for lentils include carrots… Finally found this yummy carrotless dahl here 🙂
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed (I used ground cumin – still yummy)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1⁄2teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cups tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- salt and pepper
- cooked rice to accompany
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, ginger, cumin, turmeric, red peppers, and garlic.
- Saute till onion soft.
- Add cauliflower and tomatoes; saute.
- Stir in water and lentils; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice.
Asked for seconds!