These little green muffins are delicious, light and taste like vanilla. Going to be made very often as I love spinach, but not everyone in the household is a fan of eating it boiled.
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg substitute (either 1&4 cup applesauce or 1 flax egg)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup spinach, packed (I usedfrozen)
- 1/4 cup sugar (1/3 if like sweet)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I use gluten-free mix)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 180 C. Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and puree, pour into bowl. Slowly add remaining ingredients mixing well. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 of the way. Bake for 12 minutes.
Note: I didn´t puree the spinach a lot to keep the fibre content, this gave small clumps of spinach but they weren’t noticeable.