I found this recipe after a week of DD asking for apple muffins daily. The basic recipe is a little bland, but is a good base to make fruit muffins. For apple muffins, I´d substitute with a little oats or millet flakes, and add a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. For a little extra, sprinkle brown sugar on top.
Ingredients (makes 9 medium muffins)
- 130g flour (I used 120g gluten free mix with 10g millet flakes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 50g sugar
- 30g margarine
- 115ml almond milk (or any type of vege milk)
- 60g apple – peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream sugar and butter. Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture alternately with the milk. Fold in the fruit. Pour batter into muffin molds (lightly greased if using a muffin tin).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
She ate 2, I ate 6, Hubby ate the remaining one.