Everyone in the house loved this one, and even DD keeps asking buy apples and do some baking.
- 2 apples peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp raw sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- few drops of lemon juice
- dry ingredients:
- 1½ cup flour (I use a gluten free mix)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar (I use a bit less)
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- wet ingredients:
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- grease a round cake tin and heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- layer the apple slices neatly on the base of the pan in single layer
- sprinkle half the ingredients mentioned for apple layer above on the apples. Make another layer of apple slices and sprinkle the rest of the sugar-spice mix on top.
- put all the dry ingredients in a bowl – flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and cinnamon powder. mix well with a wired whisk.
- add the water and oil and stir well so that no lumps are formed.
- add the lemon juice and stir well again.
- pour the batter in the cake pan layered with the apple slices.
- bake at 180 degrees C/356 degrees F for 50-55 mins in a preheated oven.